To give you a detailed look at how one airline is providing an effective solution, let’s look at Delta’s CareStandardSM. From the moment you check in to when you reach baggage claim, the Delta CareStandardSM is designed to keep all surfaces and high-traffic areas clean and disinfected, giving you more space and offering safer service and personal care at every point in your journey.
- Check-in & Bag Drop – All customers must wear a mask or face covering, travelers must confirm they are healthy, and kiosks, counters and baggage stations are being wiped down and sanitized frequently.
- Security Checkpoints – Antimicrobial bins are being used at select airports to prevent growth of a broad spectrum of bacteria, and alternate lanes and floor decals keep guests properly distanced.
- At the Gate & Boarding – Gate areas and jet bridges are sanitized using electrostatic sprays, guests can use the app for touchless boarding, and boarding occurs back to front.
- On the Plane – Antimicrobial LED lights are being installed to reduce bacteria on high-touch surfaces, middle seats have been blocked to create space, and aircraft are ventilated with fresh, outside air or air that is recirculated through high-grade HEPA filters.
- At Your Seat – Care kits are provided, tables and screens are thoroughly wiped down, and touchpoints have been reduced.
- Baggage Claim – Electrostatic spraying, floor decals and hand sanitizer stations create a safer environment.
To learn about the Delta CareStandardSM, please watch this short video.